Monday, August 10, 2009

Family Farm

I just want to share this stunning picture my father took at our old family farm in North Dakota. My great-grandparents lived in this modest home while working the land around them. My great-grandfather was once the owner of Divide County's largest barn. He sold it at one point, and the new owners took it to their farm, just outside Crosby, ND. We drive by it every time we go back. It is an impressive barn, holding up all this time. The new owner cut off 8 or 12 feet off the bottom when he bought it, and even so it's still quite large.

My family no longer owns the land, but everyone in North Dakota is so friendly, they wouldn't mind us coming on the land for nostalgia. I love it up there. It's truly one of my very favorite places to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

Weekend Housewife | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates