Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER

I made these cookie from an old family recipe that I changed just a bit to suit what I had on hand. I didn't take the time to refrigerate overnight, which I think produces tastier cookies, but you can keep that in mind.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter - softened
1 stick salted butter - softened
1 scant c. sugar
1⅛ c. packed brown sugar
2 large eggs (I used extra large)
1½ c. + 1 T. cake flour
1½ c. flour
½ t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
2 t. pure vanilla extract
1 lb. chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
*Preheat oven to 350°
*Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat
*Sift flours, soda, powder and salt together and set aside
*Cream butter and sugars in an electric mixer, until fluffy
*Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla
*Add flour mixture in batches
*Stir in chocolate chips
Using a 1" scoop, overfill and set on baking sheet, 2" apart. Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Cool slightly, then transfer to wire rack.
Enjoy and revel in the fact that you just made the best Chocolate Chip Cookies EVERRRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quotes

 

Weekend Housewife | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates