Friday, August 14, 2009
1. What’s so ugly it’s kind of cute? Crocs shoes
2. What’s the ugliest article of clothing in your wardrobe? Crocs shoes
3. What’s the ugliest car on the streets today? The Cube (Nissian?)
4. Under what circumstances are you most likely to whip out your ugliest behavior? When I don't get my way. I can't help it. I am the baby in the family and was spoiled rotten.
5. Which of the United States of America has the ugliest shape? Deleware. For sure.
Her blog is filled with great stuff. I love all her decorating ideas!
The Lettered Cottage mentioned the blog on her site and I am now going to do my classic "read all the back entries". I love new blogs to read!
Thursday, August 13, 2009
This one falls under the "using it because my mother does" qualification. And it also just tastes better than any other pumpkin I have tried. This product seems to be regional to the mid west area. We couldn't get it in Washington, Texas or Mississippi. Every summer, when we vacationed in North Dakota at the grandparents houses we would buy and bring back 6-10 cans or so. These cans would be used for pumpkin bars and pumpkin pies. Since I no longer live with or near my parents, and I also don't get back to North Dakota every summer, I order it online, by the case. Since I have so much of it, I make pumpkin bread. It is insanely delicious and moist. It tastes like the pumpkin loaf from Starbucks (before they added the nuts or seeds at the top of it-yuck). I will share the recipe soon since it's getting closer to fall and I make about 6 batches of it.
Monday, August 10, 2009
My family no longer owns the land, but everyone in North Dakota is so friendly, they wouldn't mind us coming on the land for nostalgia. I love it up there. It's truly one of my very favorite places to go.
I love that this recipe comes from some folks in North Dakota, where my people settled once in America. I also love how versatile it is.
Also, a word to the wise: do not get on a 1 person jet ski with another person. You will tip over. Not once but twice I had to learn this lesson the hard way. And oh, yes, in FRONT OF EVERYONE I WORK WITH.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Friday, July 31, 2009
1. Who’s making a positive difference in your life? Joann, she always know just what to say.
2. Where would you like to be right now? In a plane, on my way to Ohio to visit my parents.
3. What’s the first thing you’d do with a $5,000 (or your local equivalent) gift? I would buy new counter tops for my kitchen.
4. What super-power would you really like to have? Patience. It's a super power to me!
5. What’s your favorite sound? Babies cooing happily. No better sound in the world!